A Breath of French Air
BOOK NOW – PAY A £100 DEPOSIT TO GUARANTEE YOUR PLACE; OR £499 IN TOTAL
An exclusive trip led by garden historian Stephen Harmer takes in the splendours of some of the most stunning and important French gardens, including Monet’s Garden at Giverny.
This five day/four night break will take in:
- The glorious Chateau Chantilly;
- The beauty of Vaux-le-Vicomte, where you will be hosted personally by the owner Alexandre de Vogue;
- Chateau de Courances;
- Chateau Chenonceau with its amazing water-spanning location;
- Villandry with its famous Renaissance gardens which includes a water garden, ornamental flower gardens, and vegetable gardens;
- And finally, Giverny, where in 1883 the impressionist artist Monet fell in love with the area and began painting the surrounding countryside, with the gardens made famous by his water lily paintings
Friday: Travel by luxury coach, crossing the Channel via Eurotunnel, onto Chateau Chantilly
Saturday: Morning at Parc Sceaux, then onto Vaux-le-Vicomte
Sunday: Chateau de Courances, en route to Tours
Monday: Chateau Chenonceau and Villandry
Tuesday: Visit to Monet’s Garden at Giverny en route back to Eurotunnel
About our guide
Stephen is a lecturer in garden history and writes for the Garden Design Journal where he covers various garden history topics.
He leads tours to historic gardens all over England, France, Holland, Spain and Italy as well as running workshops and garden history courses. He works for BBC Radio Kent critiquing the show gardens at the RHS Chelsea and Hampton Court Flower Shows.
Stephen is passionate about garden history and has a special interest in Vaux-le-Vicomte. You can see what Stephen does through his website www.gardenhistoryexpert.co.uk.
This tour is fully ABTA/ATOL bonded and is being offered and managed by Stephen Harmer, with all profits being generously returned to Perennial. We are extremely grateful to Stephen for his support and assistance.
For more information or details on the holiday, contact Stephen directly on 01580 893288, or email him.
The deposit of £100 per person is required on booking prior to Friday 16 January, with full payment by Friday 13 March.
The price includes hotel accommodation on a Bed and Breakfast basis and entry to the gardens. Travel is by luxury coach, via Folkestone-Calais Eurotunnel. The cost of £499 per person is based on two people sharing a twin room. Single room supplements are available, please contact us for further details. Insurance can be purchased for an extra cost of £9 per person, again, please contact us for details.BOOK TICKETS